POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Camera/Object/Clock : Camera/Object/Clock Server Time
28 Sep 2024 09:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Camera/Object/Clock
From: tgl
Date: 4 May 2004 19:35:00
Message: <web.40982827a6d5375263b449400@news.povray.org>
Hello Everyone
   Once again I'm in need of some SDL help in describing the following
camera motions:
   1. The camera will travel in a straight line, looking straight ahead,
beginning at point A where it's speed is zero. Between point A and B, speed
gradually increases to a set value and then maintains that set value speed
from point B to point C. At point C, speed decreases to 0 at point D. Can
this entire sequence be related to clock?
   2. In the above sequence, at some pre-determined period during the time
the camera is travelling from point B to C, an object crosses the camera's
path. The object and the camera will be in proximity of one another and the
camera will see it. When the object is about to leave the camera's frame of
view, regardless of the object's direction, the camera will pan to follow
the object briefly and then resume its previous view; like a glancing look.
Could the camera's motion to "look_at" the object's passage be controlled
by clock?
    I hope I have made some kind of sense to someone out there. Thank you in
advance to all who respond.
    TGL